- Hannah Burton Laurison, Public Health Law & Policy
- Julie Ralston Aoki, Tobacco Control Legal Consortium
- Heather D’Angelo, UNC Gillings School of Public Health
On this CDC OSH Point of Sale webinar, Hannah Burton Laurison discusses what the Healthy Corner Store Movement is and how nutrition and tobacco control advocates can collaborate to transform the retail environment. Julie Ralston Aoki talks about common challenges facing both nutrition and tobacco control advocates as well as shared policy tools including zoning, sign codes, licensing, and incentive programs. Heather D’Angelo shares store assessment findings of Buncombe County, North Carolina revealing high levels of tobacco advertising and low levels of healthy foods.
- From Tobacco to Tomatoes: Healthy Corner Stores
- O Brother, Where Art Thou: Tobacco Control and Nutrition Strategy Convergence at the Point-of-Sale
- Healthy Stores, Healthy Communities Transition Tobacco Retailers to Healthier Options
- How Tobacco Control Point-of-Sale Advocates Can Collaborate with Healthy Corner Store Advocates