Counter Tobacco’s newsletters provide useful information, including site updates and the latest news in point-of-sale tobacco control. Sign up to receive them in your inbox!
- May 28, 2021: Photo Contest, MN Story from the Field, and POS Resources
- May 17, 2021: 2021 Point-of-Sale Tobacco Marketing Photo Contest!
- April 30, 2021: FDA Finally Moves to Ban Menthol, plus Photo Contest Dates and an Endgame Podcast
- March 30, 2021: Podcast on Equitable Enforcement, Take Down Tobacco Day of Action & POS Policy News
- February 26, 2021: Updates on Non-Cigarette Tobacco Products and FDA Premarket Review, plus a Black Body Health Podcast on Equitable Enforcement
- January 29, 2021: POS Trends To Watch in 2021, Podcast on the Tobacco Control Vaccine Booster, and more
- December 21, 2020: 2020 tobacco POS policy highlights, new heated tobacco product evidence summary, & end game policy news
- November 30, 2020: New e-cig resources, TRL policy news in Florida, and voters approve tobacco tax increases in OR and CO
- October 29, 2020: Flavor Ban Action in CA, Tobacco Control Enforcement for Racial Equity, and Equity in POS Tobacco Control Podcast Episode
- September 30, 2020: Updates on Flavor Bans, Partner Preemption Resources, & An ‘On Your Radar’ Podcast Episode
- August 28, 2020: Update on CA Flavor Ban, New ASPiRE Reports & ‘On Your Radar’ Podcast Episodes
- July 30, 2020: FDA Authorizes IQOS ‘Reduced Exposure’ Marketing, a Youth Engagement Story from the Field, and a Heated Tobacco Product Podcast
- June 29, 2020: FDA Sued over Menthol, Updates on State and Local Tobacco Control, and an ‘Authentic Voices’ Podcast Episode
- May 29, 2020: Oakland’s Comprehensive Legislation, More States Pass T21, & a Tobacco-Free Pharmacy Podcast
- April 29, 2020: Webinar on POS Ad Messaging Strategies, Updated Data on Tobacco Industry Marketing Expenditures & a TRL Podcast Episode
- March 31, 2020: FDA Releases New Graphic Health Warnings, Updated Youth Engagement Activities & Our Latest Podcast Episode
- February 28, 2020: Maryland Disposable Vape Ban, Comprehensive TRLs, & a Podcast Episode on New Federal Regulations
- February 19, 2020: Healthy POS Webinar Series: Flavored Tobacco Policies & Evaluation – A Massachusetts Case Study
- January 31, 2020: POS Trends to Watch 2020, Podcast with the Executive Director and an Update on Federal Policies
- December 20, 2019: Health Equity at the POS, fSTARS, and Flavored Tobacco Policies
- November 26, 2019: News from Counter Tools, Hookah Podcast, and Policy Updates
- November 12, 2019: 2019 Point-of-Sale Photo Contest Winners
- October 29, 2019: Photo Contest, E-Cigarette Updates, and Other Point-of-Sale Policy News
- October 7, 2019: Announcing CounterTobacco.org’s 2019 Point-of-Sale Tobacco Photo Contest!
- September 30, 2019: Photo Contest, E-Cigarette Flavor Bans, and a Tobacco Retailer Licensing Webinar
- August 26, 2019: NCTOH, Healthy Retail, and Graphic Warning Labels
- July 31, 2019: NCTOH, Evidence Summaries on Rural Tobacco Use & Hookah at the POS, and Oregon Store Assessments
- June 28, 2019: POS Stories from the Field, Tobacco 21 Podcast, and a Health Equity Webinar
- May 29, 2019: Point-of-Sale Pricing Policy Resources, Endgame Proposals, and News
- April 30, 2019: Tobacco-Free Pharmacies, Flavor Ban, and Tobacco 21 Policy News & Resources
- March 29, 2019: Tobacco 21 News and Resources, FDA Draft Compliance Policy, and other Federal News
- March 4, 2019: FTC Reports Show the Tobacco Industry Spent Over $7.3 Billion at the Point of Sale in 2017
- February 28, 2019: Upcoming Webinar on Reversing Preemption, Policy News on End Game Proposals and Tobacco 21 in VA, New Resources
- January 28, 2019: Point-of-Sale Tobacco Trends to Watch in 2019
- December 21, 2018: Surgeon General E-Cig Advisory, CA and NY Policy News, New Webinar and Podcast
- November 30, 2018: FDA Action on Flavored E-Cigs, Cigars & Menthol Cigarettes, plus Upcoming Webinars
- November 12, 2018: 2018 Point-of-Sale Tobacco Photo Contest Winners
- October 31, 2018: Photo Contest Last Chance, New Podcast, and E-cigarette Regulations
- October 8, 2018: Announcing CounterTobacco.Org’s POS Tobacco Photo Contest!
- September 28, 2018: Photo Contest, FDA Action, and Tobacco & Pharmacies
- August 31, 2018: Upcoming AVC Webinar, Engaging Stakeholders, Policy News & Research
- July 27, 2018: New Youth Engagement Activities, Preemption, and Progress on T21
- June 28, 2018: Tobacco Use Rates, New Evidence Summary, and Success in San Francisco
- May 29, 2018: FDA Action on Kid Friendly E-Liquids, Tobacco-Free Pharmacy Updates, and New Podcast Episodes
- April 26, 2018: News from Counter Tools, New Evidence Summaries, and Health Communications Best Practices
- March 30, 2018: FTC Reports Show the Tobacco Industry Spent $7.1 Billion at the POS in 2016
- March 22, 2018: FDA Regulations, JUUL Resources, & Youth Engagement
- February 21, 2018: Youth Engagement Webinar, LGBTQ Tobacco Use Podcast, & Kick Butts Day 2018
- January 29, 2018: POS Trends to Watch in 2018
- December 20, 2017: Stories from the Field: Retailer Density Reduction and Flavor Policies
- November 22, 2017: Menthol Case Study Webinar, Corrective Statements, and Resources
- November 13, 2017: Counter Tobacco Announces 2017 Photo Contest Winners!
- October 27, 2017: New FTC Reports: Tobacco Industry Spent $8.1 Billion at the POS in 2015
- October 20, 2017: New Menthol Evidence Summary, Podcast Episode 2, and Resources
- October 5, 2017: Announcing CounterTobacco.org’s 6th Annual Photo Contest!
- September 21, 2017: E-Cigarette Webinar, Photo Contest, & Phillip Morris’ “Smoke-free World”
- August 21, 2017: POS Podcast, FDA News, and Industry Interference in Menthol Restrictions
- July 18, 2017: Rural Tobacco-Related Disparities, Menthol Resources, & Oregon T21
- June 20, 2017: National Youth Tobacco Survey Results, Tobacco 21 Updates, and Menthol Policies
- May 19, 2017: Menthol Bans, Comprehensive POS Polices, and Upcoming Webinars
- April 20, 2017: CDC state fact sheets, CA policy developments, and Kick Butts Day recap
- March 17, 2017: Reducing Retailer Density, Flavor Restrictions, & Store Assessment Data
- February 17, 2017: Countering Industry Arguments & Taking Down Tobacco
- January 17, 2017: POS Trends to Watch in 2017
- December 16, 2016: Deadly Alliance Update, Density Limits, and Minimum Cigar Price Policy
- December 8, 2016: New: Surgeon General’s Report on E-Cigarettes Use Among Youth and Young Adults
- November 22, 2016: Licensing Vape Shops, Tobacco Industry Spending, and Place-Based Disparities
- November 18, 2016: New FTC Reports: Tobacco Industry Spent Over $8.2 Billion at the POS in 2014
- October 18, 2016: Transitions, Evidence Summaries, and the POS Policy Landscape
- September 23, 2016: Research and Resources on Reducing Disparities
- September 12, 2016: Counter Tobacco Announces 2016 Photo Contest Winners!
- August 18, 2016: Vape Shop Resources, Photo Contest, and Tobacco Retailer Nation
- August 8, 2016: Announcing Counter Tobacco’s 5th Annual Photo Contest!
- July 18, 2016: Case Studies, vSTARS, and Healthy Retail
- July 11, 2016: New Store Assessment for Vape Shops Released for Two-Week Open Comment Period
- June 15, 2016: June News: Using Store Observation for Point of Sale Policy Change
- May 17, 2016: May News: Deeming Regulations, Density, and New Resources
- May 5, 2016: BREAKING: FDA issues final deeming rule regulating all tobacco products
- April 14, 2016: April News: Upcoming Webinar, Kick Butts Day, and New Resources
- March 24, 2016: More on the War in the Store: Tobacco Industry Spends over $8.6 Billion at the POS in 2013
- March 14, 2016: March News: Conducting Store Observations
- February 12, 2016: February News: Health Equity, Vape Shop Assessments & More
- January 15, 2016: Top Point of Sale Trends to Watch in 2016
- December 23, 2015: 50,000 Visitors!
- December 10, 2015: December Milestones and More
- November 16, 2015: November Point of Sale Updates
- October 23, 2015: October Updates
- September 28, 2015: Counter Tobacco Listening Sessions
- September 15, 2015: Counter Tobacco Announces 2015 Photo Contest Winners!
- August 18, 2015: Save the date: Upcoming Webinars on Flavor Bans and E-Cigarettes
- August 4, 2015: Counter Tobacco’s 4th Annual Photo Contest!
- March 20, 2015: The War in the Store Rages On: Tobacco Industry Spends over $8.7 Billion at the POS in 2012
- January 13, 2015: New Photovoice Youth Engagement Activity: Focus on Big Tobacco
- September 25, 2014: Counter Tobacco Announces 2014 Photo Contest Winners!
- August 15, 2014: Counter Tobacco’s 3rd Annual Photo Contest!
- April 24, 2014: Breaking News: FDA Releases Deeming Proposal for Additional Tobacco Products
- March 12, 2014: Download our Newest Resource: The Tobacco Free Pharmacies Action Guide!
- January 17, 2014: Highlights from the 50th Anniversary Surgeon General’s Report!
- November 14, 2013: Counter Tobacco Announces 2013 Photo Contest Winners!
- September 11, 2013: Counter Tobacco’s 2013 Photo Contest!
- May 30, 2013: Counter Tobacco Industry Watch: E-Cigarettes on the Rise
- April 12, 2013: Counter Tobacco Industry Watch: Flavored Products
- October 22, 2012: Counter Tobacco Announces Photo Contest Winners!
- October 11, 2012: New FTC Report: Tobacco Industry Spends $6.9 Billion on Point of Sale Promotions!