In this episode, we’re talking about the largest monetary settlements in the tobacco prevention and control field since the Master Settlement Agreement in 1998, which was 25 years ago. Starting in 2021, Juul, the company known for leading the way in addicting an entire generation of youth to nicotine through its targeted marketing and wide array of flavors, began settling with states’ Attorneys General, cities, counties, tribes, school districts, and individuals who brought personal injury claims after using Juul products, for intentionally and inaccurately marketing their highly addictive products to minors. In this episode, we walk you through these settlements involving Juul and Altria that totaled well over 1 billion dollars and the settlements’ impact at the point of sale. Listen below or on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, iHeartRadio, or LibSyn.
- More on Juul’s rise and fall
- Read Jamie Ducharme’s book, Big Vape
- Watch Big Vape: The Rise and Fall of Juul documentary on Netflix
- Public Health Law Center’s Juul Litigation Settlement Guide & Interactive Map
- More on how public health organizations believe Juul Settlement Agreement funds should be used: