CounterTobacco Photo Contest!
Enter by sending us your own photos of:
- tobacco product advertisements
- tobacco specialized branded displays
- tobacco prices discounts or other promotions
You’ll find signs and other marketing materials for cigarettes, little cigars, cigarillos, smokeless tobacco, e-cigarettes and more in store fonts and around cash registers to name a few places.
Submit your photo to CounterTobacco.org either through our Facebook page, Twitter stream, or simply by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choose your category and mark it with hashtag (#):
- #Funniest/Most ironic
- Stores near #Schools (get the store and the school!)
- #Cheapest flavored little cigar/cigarillo (get the price!)
- Best product or advertisement near #Candy
- Best #Map or #Infographic
- Greatest #Youth appeal
Winners receive a CounterTobacco prize pack!
Photos are due at 11:59 pm Eastern Time on September 22, 2012!
The Surgeon General says that exposure to retail marketing encourages smoking and makes it harder for people to quit. According to the Federal Trade Commission Cigarette Reports, in 2008, the tobacco industry spent $7.2 billion dollars making their presence known in the retail environment; let’s capture it on film for everyone to see!